A dangerous, new social media challenge left a 15-year-old boy in Indiana seriously burned. 15-year-old Kyland Clark, from Indianapolis, was severely burned with second-degree burns when a friend pulled a prank on him last week as part of the “Hot Water Challenge”, which involves someone drinking boiling-hot water through a straw or having it poured on them. . Before the incident, Kyland and the pal looked up the social media craze on YouTube and decided to try the challenge.
While the teen was sleeping, his friend dumped boiling water on him, causing serious burns on his back, chest and face as a joke. “I looked down at my chest. My skin just fell off my chest, and then I looked in the mirror and I had skin falling off here and, on my face,” said Kyland, who suffered second-degree burns on his back, chest, and face. The teen was admitted to a local hospital, where he was under treatment. Doctors say that his skin will take several months to heal. More and more internet challenges are landing people in the ER these days.
When did we get to the point where we have to tell kids NOT to drink or pour boing water on somebody? This makes no sense to me. (I’m just saying…)